If you are struggling with tax debt, IRS liens, levies or wage garnishments, turn to Regal Tax and Law Group, PC. Our experienced attorneys serve individuals, families and small business owners in San Francisco and throughout the nation and have a proven history of helping them resolve the most trying tax controversies.
For over 10 years, Regal has provided our clients with informed representation, dependable service and objective insights. Founding attorney Regina Unegovsky brings to bear extensive experience working with federal tax authorities on behalf of our clients and has frequently been recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers for several years.
Our legal team has the knowledge and experience to assist with matters ranging from income tax return preparation to tax audits to negotiating tax settlements. We believe the best way to resolve tax controversies is to be proactive and reach negotiated settlements with the IRS.
When you become our client, you will join a powerful team of tax attorneys and certified public accountants. Please contact our office today for a complimentary consultation.
The Experienced Choice in Federal Tax Law
At Regal Tax and Law Group, PC, our attorneys leverage their in-depth knowledge of the federal tax code to provide a wide range of tax services, including:
- Delinquent Tax Returns — Often the IRS will not so much as discuss a debt or negotiate anything until you are caught up with your returns. Regal can make this process easier by helping you locate and acquire the necessary documentation to file your unfiled returns, often a long and drawn out process in and of itself.
- IRS audit representation — While an audit can be a straightforward process, complex issues such as tax evasion or extraordinary penalties may arise that require the advice and counsel of an experienced audit attorney.
- Installment agreements — We can help you arrange a payment plan with the IRS in which you pay monthly installments over time until the debt, including penalties and interest, is paid in full. Above all, our attorneys will work with you to create a payment plan that satisfies both the IRS and your unique financial situation.
- Offers in compromise — It may be possible to enter into an arrangement whereby you settle for tax debt with the IRS for less than the entire amount through the Offer in Compromise (OIC) program. Given the strict eligibility requirements for the OIC program, it is crucial to work with an experienced attorney.
- Penalty relief — Taxpayers who can demonstrate that they have exercised “reasonable care and prudence” in determining their tax obligations may qualify for tax penalty abatement in which the IRS may reduce penalties that have been assessed as long as there is a valid reason. According to the IRS Penalty Handbook, some of the valid reasons for a tax delinquency include receiving improper advice from a tax preparer, a serious illness or a significant disability.
- Tax levy release — If the IRS has issued a bank levy, you must act quickly to prevent the agency from emptying your bank account. Our IRS tax attorneys have the skills and experience to stop an IRS bank levy.
- Tax lien release — If the IRS has placed a lien against your property — your car or your home, our attorneys can work with the agency to release its lien on your property and find an alternative solution to repaying your tax debt.
- Wage garnishment removal — If the IRS is threatening to take a significant portion of your paycheck to collect a tax debt, it takes a skilled IRS tax attorney to stop a wage garnishment
Regardless of the tax matter you are facing, you should never go up against the IRS alone. Working with an experienced attorney can mean the difference between remaining tax compliant and facing significant tax penalties.
How Regal Tax and Law Group, PC Can Help With Your IRS Tax Matter
While there are companies that provide tax services, our tax attorneys are held to a higher standard as members of the bar. More importantly, we work to meet the needs of individual taxpayers and tailor resolution strategies to the personal situation of each client.
Our lawyers are here to help you before a tax debt issue arises by working with you proactively to help you remain compliant with federal tax laws. Once the IRS has contacted you over a tax delinquency or other matter, we have the skills and experience to spot problems and recommend solutions.
We know that it is critically important to communicate effectively and work with the IRS to reach negotiated tax settlements. Above all, we will make sure you are educated about your options, we will work to protect your interests, help you avoid tax penalties, and keep you in good standing with the IRS.
Contact Regal Tax & Law Group, PC Today
Whether you need assistance with income tax preparation or you are involved in a tax controversy, you need the informed representation Regal Tax and Law Group, PC provides. Please contact our office today for a complimentary consultation with one of our IRS tax attorneys.